background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

I don't know where to begin. I guess with yesterday, I received a text from a friend of mine in Atlanta that read Annie is in Haiti right now - She and the kids are OK. My mind was quickly jerked out of work mode. Granted I had not turned on the TV or listened to a radio all day. I had no idea of the tragedy that had occurred in Haiti. I got online to see what happened in Haiti - I was expecting to see some sort of war tragedy, but to my unexpecting suprise it was far worse. The bodies piled on top of each other, the rubble of the buildings that someone once called home. The devastation - I know we have so much... lights, clean water, heat, just a few things that come to mind. My children sleeping in the room next door is the greatest of all. I have no idea but I do know that God is Sovereign and in the midst of all this tragedy and devastation. He has a plan and a purpose. Right now, there are many diaster relief agencies collecting money. If you can't donate money, then pray for the relief workers, pray for the victims, and pray for my friend Annie. I bet she lost some friends yesterday.

No comments: