background

Friday, January 1, 2010

December Ending and New Year Beginning



Wow, What a whirl wind the past few weeks have been. It seems like it has been forever since I have been on here. I have been reading a few of my blogs that I keep up with but I have not posted anything. I have some catching up to do.....

So let me take you invisible friends back a few weeks....

Coming home from Augusta one evening Luke and I had this conversation.
L: Mommy turn on the light.
M: Why do you need the light on?
L: I can't see my booger.

I was cracking up..... He actually had a booger on his index finger looking at it in amazement. Things that come out of their mouths.

The week before Christmas, my Grandaddy got really sick again. If you remember, he was in this same boat last year. This year he went ahead a got a colostomy and hopefully that will help his stomach issues which will in turn help his lung issues. It was a nasty couple of weeks for my Mom and Aunt Rosie around the clock at the hospital with him. Thankfully by the grace of God he is home and recuperating. Now pray for my Aunt Rosie, she needs her gall bladder remover soon.

So as I was on an emotional roller coaster whether to go Memphis to be with my Grandfather or stay with my Husband and kids for Christmas......(we were all leaving on Saturday after Christmas anyway) I chose to stay with my family. Which worked out because Granddaddy made it through his surgery with flying colors. Our big kids came back to us Christmas eve from their Mom's house and spent the rest of the break with us. We wrote our letter to Santa, left rice crispy treats, and went to bed.

Santa visited and the kids had a blast the next day. Luke was excited because he got to open some presents. He really understood that it was Baby Jesus' birthday! We read Luke 2 and really tried to stress to the kids how it would be in that day in time. Pics will post so you can see. The whole Santa is watching you thing did not work with Luke..... He would be bad and then say " Don't spank me, Santa is bring me toys".



Saturday we packed in the Tahoe and off to Mississippi to visit Mimi and Grandaddy. That was originally to be a short stop on our way to Oklahoma to visit more family but the weather had other plans for us. A wintry snow storm hit Oklahoma. As much as I wanted the kids to see snow, we had no business driving in that kind of weather when we normally do not! We shall save that visit for nicer weather when we can get out and play. I hate that we did not get to see our cousins, Uncle Buddy and Aunt Joy, but we will try again! So we stayed in Memphis and North MS a couple days longer than planned. Saw my Grandaddy home from the hospital, and made our way back to sunny Georgia.


We have been on the go so much with the kids since we have been home. I was looking forward to some down time..... Friends spending the night here and there, the New Years Eve Party. Which by the way - Luke made it all the way to midnight! Impressive! This has been a wonderful ending to a great year. A little quick and bumpy, but that is how we live.... things change constantly....as long as we keep smiling and can live with loving hearts then most anything can be accomplished.

I saw this verse the other day on a post I read and wanted pass it on. It could be good for a New Year....

Luke5: 36He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. 37And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. 38No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins.

I am not into making new years resolutions, but I think this sums it up. You can't just put a patch on something that needs a real fix. If you keep doing things the same way, you get the same result. I encourage you to do something new and entirely different this year!

God Bless!


No comments: