background

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Luke


My Dear Luke,
Today is your 2nd birthday! Oh how you have grown in these two years! You are an amazing curly headed, blue eyed little boy that keeps me on my toes. This past year has been one of you trying to be big before your time. Falling down stairs, climbing ladders on the play set to get to the slide, running so fast you tumble. I think you are wanting to be like Emma and Dougie! Oh how you love Dougie - you wander all through the house calling his name; looking for him if he is not here. You hug him all the time when he is here. And that Sissy, she sure is special to you too - (now that you finally call her something besides Dougie). She takes such good care of you and you smother her with kisses. She was actually the first one that you said "I love you" to...
Now some things about you that you love.....
Balls - you probably are the only child on this earth that has every type of ball made, plays basketball with all of them, can dribble before you are two, sleeps with balls, and the time in Wal-Mart you practically had a melt down when we walked past the balls in the big basket. You said " ball, ball, ball, ball, ball" Would not stop until I put a ball in your hands, then you hugged it close to your chest and sighed " baalllll". I think you are a little overboard.
Flying - Daddy's flying buddy, you love to fly on the computer. "I wan fly" "Les fly" constantly coming from you. "Look at dat" when they crash. Finally Daddy has a flying bud.
You don't care much for TV but you love to read a book. We read every night before bed. I love your curls; especially at night when I am singing to you before bed and scratching your hair. I think you like it too.
As far as food is concerned, you could live on Mexican just like your Mommy and Daddy. You already dip your chips in salsa. You are not lacking in the nutrition department. The pediatrician called you large the other day at your 2 year old check up. I think you are just fine at 28 pounds and 34.5 inches.
I love you so much Luke!
Mommy


1 comment:

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

I love your little tribute to your sweet 2-year-old boy.

So precious.

I have a two-year-old too. What a great, crazy, busy, fun, challenging age, eh?

I popped over from Missy's blog because I loved your comment to her about all she does, and I just wanted to check you out. Glad I did.

Blessings,
Sandy