background

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hilton Head - Thank you, I needed you -

It has been a couple of weeks since we went, but I have been extremely busy with work since our vacation! Here is the update with pictures!

So we set out to Hilton Head - this is our first visit there and Wow - we really enjoyed it! We rented a house in one of the local communities near the beach and only had a short drive to the beach every day. I know, I know, but with me being preggo, Luke being three, two pre-teen girls, and two boys, and a Hubby - we had a lot of stuff to haul back and forth.

The beach here is absolutely beautiful and there was no evidence of jelly fish or the recent problems with sting rays. The only night we had jelly fish, apparently there was a storm brewing and the waves were absolutely huge and fun! The kids really enjoyed the boogie boards and playing in that. Luke would even ride the waves in. The fun all ended for me when I got stung by one of those lovely creatures. I have yet to figure out why God made them. Thankfully none of the kids got stung. Dougie is usually "bait" for the jelly fish. We set up our umbrella every day, took a cooler full of snacks and drinks, and played the days away.

One day, Doug and the kids went "off shore" fishing. They seemed to really enjoy that. We ate at the Salty Dog Cafe for lunch that day - and my sweet Emma who saves everything - saved the napkin for her scrap book! Hehe...

We had a very relaxing time - we rode bikes, went for walks on the beach, and swam constantly when we were at our house. Ice cream every night, lots of shopping at the outlet mall, and good food.

That is my type of vacation!









No comments: