background

Saturday, September 24, 2011

K4 - Here I am......


I really have to get better about keeping y'all up to date. A couple months ago Luke started K4 at EBA (Edmund Burke Academy). That is the same school that Dougie and Emma attend. I must admit that I was very nervous about him starting school this year because he is so..... B.O.Y. He is a good boy, but overall just a typical boy that likes to be loud and rambunctious. In fact Dougie's first grade teacher told me that Luke was normal and it was Dougie who is the exception - calm, quiet, sits still, etc. That made me feel better about Luke starting school. Our first day went a little like this.... Keep in mind it was only a 1/2 day...... "Mom, I saw a lot of pretty girls today". "Mom, I don't want peanut butter and jelly everyday this year". The second day went like this, "Mom, I want to stay home with you, they want me to take a nap at school".

Well, it has been almost 2 months since Luke started K4 and he definitely has the groove of school down. He loves going, but still hates waking up and getting ready. Luke has adjusted to the naps and even gets to go to a pep rally on Fridays that EBA has a home game. Luke's behavior has been really great so far! Only one real incident where he pushed a little boy in the line to wash their hands..... I asked him why he pushed his friend and he answered "Mrs. Kitrell told us to hurry up and he wasn't moving fast enough so I pushed him out of the way so I could wash my hands". Hmmm, sounds logical to me...... if I was 4. Then came the patience lesson......

Hope everyone is well!
Love,

1 comment:

Alicia Smith-Turley said...

I can't believe how big he is! And you have a baby girl I've never met. Makes me very sad.
Miss you guys,
Alicia